Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Disney World!!

Last Wednesday we traveled to sunny Orlando, Florida and went to Disney World. I had never been so I was just as excited as all the kids were. We went with James's parents, Jim and Ann and James's brother and his family:Luke, and Meredith, Faith 8, Adelynn 7, Katherine 3, and Blake 19 months. We had a fabulous time meeting all the characters, riding rides, eating and walking until our feet felt like they were going to fall off! There was so much to do and see, we needed another week to do it all.
The heat/humidity index was 106 everyday we were there, so we sweated tons too. All I could think about were those poor people in those character costumes, I'm not sure how they were surviving under there. I was dripping with sweat in tank tops and shorts, I can't imagine a huge costume!!
Little Parker did great, I was so proud of him! Despite the heat, we still had a lot of fun!! Get ready for tons of pics... (please excuse the shiny faces and sweaty hair in these pics)! :)


Napping on the way! Parker did great on the airplane.

I loved staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...this was right outside our room!

We arrived mid-afternoon and then headed off to Epcot for the rest of the day!


Adelynn and Parker

3D show at Epcot...nice glasses!

Entrance into Magic Kingdom park all decked out for Fall!


I was super excited in this pic because we were about to round the corner so I could see the castle for the first time!!

Family pic in front of the castle

Breakfast with the characters!
Faith and Adelynn found Eyor right away!

Parker had no idea what was going on.

James and Piglet

Me and Pooh
Cute little bug!

I love that castle, so magical!

James, Adelynn and Faith climbing the Swiss Family Robinson tree house

Story time with Snow White! We got to go down after the story was over and take pics with her!

Magic Kingdom lit up for the Halloween party! They closed the park that night and only guests with special tickets got to stay. We "trick or treated" around the park and then stayed for fabulous fireworks. All the villians from the movies did a big show on the stage out front!

Riding the monorail all the way around, anything to get out of the heat! :)

Inside the Grand Floridian hotel...my favorite!;
Gift shop fun!


Riding in style!

View of Magic Kingdom

Sweaty baby!

Standing in front of "Canada" in Epcot.

Leaky diaper...gross!

My favorite part of Animal Kingdom was going on a safari and seeing all the African animals. It gave me the fever to go back to real Africa and go on safari! The ovals you see in the water are hippos!


Looking down the river at Asia and Mt. Everest which is a roller coaster.

Family pic in front of the tree of life in the Animal Kingdom.

The whole gang

This tree was awesome because the bark is made of all these hidden animals. We stood there forever playing "I spy".

Waiting in the lobby to go to the airport. :(




1 comment:

  1. I got so excited when I saw the title to your post. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD! I think it's way more fun to go as an adult than as a child!! It looked like you guys had a great time. Parker is getting so big!!!!!

    ReplyDelete