Our baby boy turned one on Saturday the 29th! (tear) I can't even begin to describe the joy that this first year has been filled with! We are so honored that God chose us to be Parker's parents and He continues to bless us each and every day!
This weekend was jam packed with family, friends, fun and food!! To kick off Parker's big birthday weekend we had a "friends party" at our house on Thursday. All of Parker's little friends who are also about to turn one, came over to the house for a barnyard themed party! Parker loved having his friends over, he clapped his hands as he saw them walking through the door! The weather was perfect for a fun picnic out in the back yard. Here are some party pics...
These were the party favors set out in the entry hall so our guests could take one when they left.
I had baby trail mix in the cow pails.
It consisted of Cheerios, Gerber puffs and dried fruit bits.
The food table
I make carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, the babies loved them!!
These were the food labels I made that I placed in front of all the dishes.
We had pasta salad, chicken nuggets, fruit salad and pimiento cheese sandwiches.
Parker was SO excited when his friends started arriving!
Jackie with Maddie and Elizabeth with little Reese
Julie with Chloe and Heidi with Jack
Parker devoured his cupcake
He's thinking where has this been my whole life??
James came home from work to join in on the fun!
What a year sweet Parker! You truly have been the best baby and mommy and daddy can't believe you are basically a toddler now. You are growing up so fast and are learning new things every single day! As of your first birthday you...
* say "dadadada" I am STILL waiting on "mamamama"
* cruise around the furniture
* just starting waiving
* clap your hands when I sing "If you're happy and you know it..."
* eat anything I put in front of you
* just started milk, you're not too sure about the flavor
* are still nursed at night, we just dropped the morning feeding, you're on your way to being weaned!!
* are the fastest crawler I've ever seen
* still sleep 12 hours at night and nap 21/2 hours in the afternoon
* smile all the time
* are still trying to cut your two front top teeth
* LOVE the water, bath tub or swimming pool, your head is in the water
We love you Parker and we look forward to many more happy birthdays!!
Mommy and Daddy